Hurricane Dorian could potentially impact Labor Day travel plans.
As Dorian’s path updates, AAA is urging those traveling abroad or to the southeastern states to prepare for the possibility of travel delays and cancellations.
Travelers are encouraged to monitor weather conditions and take steps to prepare for any storm impacts.
>> RELATED: The latest on Hurricane Dorian
AAA offers the following tips:
- Travelers should remember to heed all official evacuation advisories and orders.
- Check with your travel agent and travel providers for cancellation policies and itinerary changes.
- Monitor weather conditions regularly, both at your departure city and destination.
- Check your flight status before leaving for the airport. Consider signing up for text or mobile app alerts from your airline for the latest flight information.
- When flying, bring essentials in your carry-on bag in case travel schedules change.
- Check with your hotel for local updates on potential weather impacts.
- Know what coverage any purchased travel insurance does/does not provide. In the future, consider purchasing travel insurance before a trip to protect you in the event of severe inclement weather.