The folks from Gwinnett County are wrapping up the creation of their comprehensive transit plan — a more-than-year-long study that, among many other things, includes a proposal to extend heavy rail from the Doraville MARTA station to the Norcross area.
Before the plan is completed, the county will be collecting one more round of public input. Below is a list of formal public meetings regarding the plan, which begin Saturday, as well as a compilation of other community events at which folks behind the plan will be live and looking to chat.
This may be residents’ final formal chance to weigh-in on transit expansion in Gwinnett before a referendum, which could be held as early as November.
PUBLIC MEETINGS ON GWINNETT TRANSIT PLAN
- Saturday, April 14: 2 to 4 p.m. at OneStop Norcross, 5030 Georgia Belle Court, Norcross
- Monday, April 16: 6 to 8 p.m. at George Pierce Park, 55 Buford Highway, Suwanee
- Tuesday, April 17: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Lilburn City Hall, 340 Main St., Lilburn
- Thursday, April 19: 6 to 8 p.m. at Dacula Park Activity Building, 2735 Old Auburn Ave., Dacula
- Tuesday, April 24: 6 to 8 p.m. at Snellville City Hall, 2342 Oak Road SW, Snellville
- Wednesday, April 25: 6 to 8 p.m. at Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center, 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville
COMMUNITY EVENTS WHERE TRANSIT PLAN WILL BE DISCUSSED
- Saturday, April 14: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Gwinnett County Multicultural Festival at Shorty Howell Park in Duluth
- Thursday, April 19: 5 to 7 p.m. at community activities at OneStop Centerville
- Friday, April 20: 11 a.m. Earth Day celebration at Gwinnett Transfer Center
- Saturday, April 21: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Gwinnett Family Fest, Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce
- Saturday, April 21: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Art on the Chattahoochee at Jones Bridge Park
- Saturday, April 28: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Grayson Day, Grayson Community Park
- Saturday, May 12: 8 a.m. to noon at Summer Farmers Market, Suwanee Town Center