An 18-year-old double murder suspect who escaped South Fulton police after being arrested Monday night is now back in custody, authorities said.
Isaih Alexander Williams managed to slip out of his handcuffs and run away from the precinct on Old National Highway shortly after he was charged with the murders of two teenagers found shot to death in October, police said.
“During our encounter with Mr. Williams he was able to free himself from his handcuffs while being detained,” South Fulton police Maj. Tamika Pritchett told Channel 2 Action News.
Williams was rearrested in Atlanta about 2 p.m. Tuesday, not long after investigators released his photo to the public and told residents to be on the lookout for the “armed and dangerous” suspect.
Police spokesman Lt. Derrick Rogers said Williams is accused of killing two teenagers whose bodies were discovered Oct. 10 at a former day care in the 5100 block of Old Bill Cook Road. Bernard Harkness, 14, and Dominique Patrick, 19, appeared to have been shot to death, AJC.com previously reported. Both lived in South Fulton.
Williams faces two counts each of murder and aggravated assault in addition to weapons, burglary and escape charges, authorities said.
According to Fulton County jail records, Atlanta police arrested Williams on New Year’s Day, charging him with simple battery in connection with an incident that occurred one day earlier.
— Please return to AJC.com for updates.
In other news:
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.