Jason Cude
Photo: Channel 2 Action News
Photo: Channel 2 Action News

Man with felony warrants taken into custody in Alpharetta after SWAT standoff

Authorities took a man into custody Tuesday night following a SWAT standoff outside a home in Alpharetta. 

Police arrived with a warrant for a different man, but Jason Cude came out of the house on Academy Road before barricading himself inside, Channel 2 Action News reported.

Cude was wanted on felony theft warrants out of Broward County, Fla., the news station said. 

About 5:30 p.m., the Alpharetta Department of Public Safety tweeted that a SWAT team and negotiators were on scene. Authorities closed the street between Jamestown Trail and Dancliff Lane. 

Cude refused to come out of the home, at which point the SWAT team surrounded it and used a microphone to communicate with the man, Channel 2 reported. 

The SWAT team was about to enter the home when Cude indicated he wanted to surrender, police told Channel 2.

At 7 p.m., police reported that the suspect had been taken into custody. There were no injuries and Cude was apprehended without force, according to police.

Cude was taken to the Fulton County Jail on a disorderly conduct misdemeanor charge with a hold from Florida for his felony charges. 

No information was released about the other man who was supposed to be served with a warrant.

In other news:

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.

X