Early voting for the municipal elections will begin Oct. 12 in Cobb County, according to a voting schedule recently announced by the county’s elections officials.
Twenty municipal seats in Acworth, Austell, Kennesaw, Marietta and Powder Springs will be decided when voters hit the polls on Election Day, Nov. 2.
Seven advance polling locations throughout the county have been selected for voters to cast their ballots early.
Early voting will be available during the three weeks leading up to Election Day.
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Oct. 12-15, Oct. 18-22 and Oct. 25-29. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays, Oct. 16 and Oct. 23.
No voting will be held on Sundays — Oct. 17, Oct. 24, Oct. 30 — or on the two days before election Tuesday.
Voters can cast ballots at any of the seven polling sites prior to Nov. 2. Residents must go to their assigned polling location on Election Day, when voting hours are between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Voters must register by Oct. 4 and can submit an absentee ballot until Oct. 22. An application for an absentee ballot can be downloaded on the elections website. Absentee ballots, which will be mailed to voters starting Oct. 11, require a signature and can be submitted by mail, email, fax or in-person at the county elections office.
Runoff elections would happen Nov. 30, if needed.
For more information, visit the Cobb County Elections & Voter Registrations website at cobbcounty.org/elections.
Cobb County early voting sites
- Cobb County Elections & Registration main office; 736 Whitlock Ave. NW, Marietta
- Roberts School Community Center; 4681 School St., Acworth
- Austell Collar Park Community Center; 2625 Joe Jerkins Blvd., Austell
- Ben Robertson Community Center; 2753 Watts Drive, Kennesaw
- Ron Anderson Recreation Center Community Room; 3820 Macedonia Road, Powder Springs
- The Art Place; 3330 Sandy Plains Road, Marietta
- Cobb County School District Brown Professional Learning Center; 3265 Brown Road SE, Smyrna
About the Author