Spring is here again! What better way to welcome it than with some smart spring beauty trends. Giorgio Armani celebrity makeup artist Tim Quinn, who has styled celebrities' including Kerry Washington, Glenn Close, Megan Fox and Gwen Stefani shares makeup wisdom with you that will make you catwalk-worthy!
Here are Quinn's top 5 Spring Beauty Trends:
- Luminous Glow: After having seen so much of this matte skin for a good while. Now it has flip-flopped and gone into the 'glow.' Luminous , glowing skin is the "now" look. According to Quinn. "At Armani...it has been our mission for 15 years since we had the beauty line. Glowing, luminous skin has just kind of caught on again this season. Our Armani Maestro Glow is not really a foundation. It's a bit like skincare, but it's coverage. I love it because it has SPF, which I think everybody wants to build into their foundation. It leaves the skin with this beautiful luster, so that you don't look as though you've been sweating at the gym. You are just sort of glowing from within." To achieve this, Quinn suggests you start out with a skin hydrator like Armani's Prima Glow-on Light Moisturizing Balm; then use the Maestro UV primer with SPF 50, which Quinn claims will lessen the makeup you use, thereby conserving more of the content. Finally, the Armani Maestro Glow foundation elixir should be applied to give the richest glow in the thinnest texture.
- Bold Lip Colors: Quinn said that he is seeing a lot of bold color again, like poppy red and Wonder Woman red. "You can play with texture if going for bold color. If you are a nude color girl who wants to go 'on trend' wearing bold color, then what you could do is go with a stain...so that you get the color without being full-blown like having shiny red lips. The polar-opposite trend you are seeing is fall color lips on the spring look."
- Lots Of Blue: Rocking blue liner and electric blue shadow is the vogue look , Quinn observes. "Last year had green as the trending color. This spring things are moving into aqua blues, deep blues, and navy blues. If you want to lightly experiment with the trend, you don't have to do it lash-to-brow. You could do a beautiful blue liner, with nude eyes and bronze skin."
- Lashes Abound: Lashes have become a big category again this spring. "You are seeing a lot of attention being paid to eyelashes. Whether you are going to max it out with full-blown Armani Ecstasy mascara or you are going with false lashes," said Quinn. "For a while it's been all about eyebrows, but now you are seeing lots of lash." He suggests that if you are afraid of strip lashes, then get the individual lashes and pop them on at the ends to give that extra volume.
- Trend Pacing: The last but most important beauty tip is not to wear all the trends at the same time. "Don't do the blue liner, with the red lips, with the glowing skin all together because you'll look like a hot mess," warns Quinn. "Pace yourself! You have a whole season ahead of you!"