If your kid wants to know more about football, the Falcons have just the opportunity.
Throughout the year, the Atlanta Falcons Youth Football camps will be held all over the state. Former Falcons players will teach the fundamentals of the game, plus the proper techniques for tackling and position-specific training.
The one-day camps, designed for ages 7-13, are noncontact, so no equipment is required. Registration, however, is required. You can register your child here.
The next camp will be 6-8:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 21, at Dalton High School, 1500 Manly St., Dalton, GA 30720.
The Falcons’ first Youth Football Camp of the year was April 10 in Albany, and about 300 people showed up.
Now, if your kid really loves football and the Falcons, you can enroll her or him in one of the Falcons’ summer camps. These camps “offer young players the unique opportunity to learn new skills through the official Atlanta Falcons flag football curriculum and get closer to the team they love,” the website states.
Weeklong summer camps offer four days of flag football instruction and training for players of all abilities, plus a visit to Mercedez-Benz Stadium to meet alumni Falcons players.
Summer camps are designed for girls and boys ages 5-13, with players grouped on teams that teach age-appropriate skills.
For the $495 price tag, each kid will get:
- Four days of flag football instruction and competition in the Atlanta Falcons developed curriculum. Each camp day is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Daylong visit to Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Meet and greet with an alumni Atlanta Falcons player
- Unique Atlanta Falcons flag football gear
- Two tickets to the Falcons game on Sunday, Sept. 29 game
To make scheduling easier for some parents, the camps offer extended times: 7:30-9 a.m. and 3-6 p.m. These times can be bought individually or as a bundle during the enrollment process.
This year’s camps will be held:
- June 24-29 at The Walker School in Marietta
- July 8-12 at Hugh C. Conley Recreation Center in College Park
- July 15-19 at Mount Pisgah Christian School in Johns Creek
- July 22-26 at Holy Spirit Prep in Atlanta
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.