Having trouble meeting and networking with millennials in a professional yet relaxed setting? Thanks to The Gathering Spot, a members-only club exclusively for young businesspeople, now you can.
Founded by buddies Ryan Wilson and T.K. Peterson, the organization gathers "a motivated and diverse community of professionals, creatives and entrepreneurs" under one roof. Want to know more? Here are five facts about Atlanta's hottest networking space for up-and-coming power players.
1. It's located at 384 Northyards Blvd. NW, a 22,585-square-foot space previously occupied by a rail car turnaround dating back to 1911.
2. There are 24/7 private work spaces with concierge services, integrated technology with reliable WiFi, copy and printing equipment and fresh coffee. Some rooms are even sound-proof.
3. The full-service restaurant and bar, with Chef Tony Scorza, serves fresh, seasonal meals daily. Restaurant hours are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturdays and 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sundays for the monthly brunch.
4. To become a member, you must apply online. Your application should include a recent headshot, and if you were recommended by a current member, you're required to jot down their contact info. The process only takes about five minutes.
5. If chosen for the interview process, a valid driver's license or password should be presented. Once accepted, there is a $300 initiation fee and membership dues of either $2,000 annually or $185 monthly. All transactions are nonrefundable.