I have posted a column on MyAJC.com on Atlanta three's pro sports franchises: the Braves, Falcons and Hawks. The premise of the column isn't to determine: Which team is the best (or worst)? It's more about asking which of the three should inspire the most confidence in the future (or the least)?
In looking at all three, I came to the realization that a case could be made for all three being listed first (or last). No team has really separated itself. The Braves are potentially the most extreme example of this: They have the worst record in the major leagues (8-25) but they also have a minor-league system stocked with prospects . . . if you assume that the prospects pan out.
The full column is posted here at MyAJC.com.
Now it's your turn. Which of the three franchises do you have the most confidence in?
I'm giving you six options to rank the three teams first, second and third. Vote in the poll and sound off!
Recent ramblings from the Digital Jukebox
- Make that 1-16 for Braves at home (where the heartache is)
- Gonzalez handling turmoil better than most (if you don't count towel rack assault)
- Five thoughts about Ressler, Horford and Hawks moving forward
- Hawks need major change, lack a go-to star
- Hello, Game 4. Goodbye, Hawks' season? History says yes
- When Hawks' season wrap up, Mike Budenholzer may need some help
- Hawks better but Cavaliers are on another level
- There's a kernel of truth to what Charles Barkley says about Hawks
- Rest of series for Hawks is about big picture
- It's about time Coppolella, Hart take ownership of Braves' problems
- Falcons have issues but Blank may be right about playoff projection
- Full Q&A with Arthur Blank on his health, draft and playoffs
- Arthur Blank: Falcons will be playoff team in 2016
- Magic Johnson pitches for LeBron, Durant to Lakers (uh, tampering?)
- Breaking! Hawks are big underdogs to LeBron James, Cavaliers
- Hawks' defense gets its stiffest test: LeBron James
- One for the history books: Hawks eliminate Celtics
- Have Hawks figured out winning formula?
- Hawks stood tall by going small vs. Celtics
- Falcons needs to get it right with defensive picks
- Braves reportedly have tried to trade Olivera (who has zero value)
- One-man basketball won't get job done for Hawks
- As Hawks look to rebound, some thoughts on Game 4 vs. Celtics
- Hawks would be wise to stay cool after Thomas' slap
- Hawks' Schroder: 'I'm not going to let nobody slap me in my face'
- Hawks not making it easy on themselves
- Hawks will try to buck history in Game 3 against Boston
- Bigger surprise than Braves' record: Freeman hitting .163
- Liberty CEO's comments reaffirm: Braves need new ownership
- Matt Ryan says he's confident in Kyle Shanahan, Falcons' offense
- Only one side of Olivera-Wood trade is around for Braves-Dodgers series
- Jacob Eason good but 93,000 is real highlight of Georgia's spring
- Hawks go into playoffs knowing changes to core may be ahead
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.