Under normal circumstances, we would be in the final days leading up to Friday and Saturday’s championship games. However, the Atlanta United are playing for the MLS Cup on the same Saturday, and thus all GHSA teams that qualified for the finals will have to wait until Tuesday and Wednesday for their time to shine at The Benz.
I will have a preview story for the game that will be published on Sunday, but here we can take a look at the Braves-Jackets matchup from a statistical standpoint.
Rockmart - Dylan Bailey: 69 of 114, 1,463 yards; 22 touchdowns; 5 interceptions
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
Heard County - Alijah Huzzie: 74-139; 1,490; 18 touchdowns, 3 interceptions
Rockmart - Markus Smith: 106 carries; 1,142 yards; 18 touchdowns | Zabrion Whatley: 99-1,077; 18 | Javin Whatley: 82-653; 6
Heard County - Aaron Beasley: 262-1,817; 21
Rockmart: Juke Boozer: 27 receptions, 704 yards; 11 touchdowns | Reed Couch 13-207; 3
Heard County: LeQuincey Shepherd: 226-651; 11
Rockmart - DL Donte Williams (94 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, 4 hurries, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery); DL Ant Lester (56 tackles, 18 hurries, 10 sacks); DL Deacon Allen (59 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, 10 hurries); LB Kieron Roberts (104 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, five forced fumbles, 1 touchdown); LB Daquan Banks (64 tackles); LB Logan Burge (47 tackles, 24 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 touchdowns); DB Markus Smith (41 tackles, 8 pass breakups, 3 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, 2 touchdowns); DB Tyler Abrams (55 tackles, 4 interceptions); DB Paine Culver (48 tackles, 3 forced fumbles)
Heard County - DT Zaylin Wood (99 tackles, 36 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 15 hurries, 3 pass breakups); DE Tray Owens (86 tackles, 28 tackles for loss); LB Jai Wright (89 tackles, 17 tackles for loss); LB Andrew Leak (78 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 3 interceptions); LB P.J. Cofield (41 tackles); DE David Urquilla (56 tackles); FS Aaron Beasley (54 tackles, 3 interceptions); DE Tray Dunson (33 tackles); LB Miciah Austin (43 tackles); LB Kesean Johnson (49 tackles); DT Quay Thornton (36 tackles); CB Lequincey Shepherd (5 interceptions)
- Here’s Callaway’s Tank Bigsby with yet another long touchdown run. Here’s a long touchdown pass from Demetrius Coleman to Jacob Freeman.
- Here’s a profile on Freeman.
- Bigsby is a finalist for the Touchdown Club of Atlanta’s Little Peach Award. They’ve got to come up with a better name for that award, though.
- Here’s players who made the 7-AA all-region team: Coosa, Pepperrell, Gordon Central,
- Here’s players who made the 1-AA all-region team: Early County.
- Here are some 6-AA all-region selections. Hapeville Charter’s Malik Fleming earned player of the year honors.
- Here are some 8-AA all-region selections.
- Here are some 3-AA all-region selections.
- Here are some 2-AA all-region selections.
- A number of Callaway players were invited to participate in the Georgia vs. Texas showdown.
- Jeff Davis players Christian Ray, Steven McKever and Emanuel Rumph, Thomasville’s Jay Tillman and Hapeville Charter’s Jaquez Smith will play in the Georgia Elite Classic.
- I’m not sure what this is because there’s no context, but if it’s the 7-AA team, that’s impressive on Rockmart’s part.
- Buy your GHSA title game tickets here.
- Here are the Chattooga players who made the 7-AA all-region team.
- Coosa’s Logan Pledger has been invited to participate in a Georgia vs. Florida scrimmage.
- Here’s how close Fitzgerald was to reaching the title game for the third time in four years.
- Here’s a look at the Times-Georgian’s front page afer Heard County’s big win.
- Here’s a touchdown run by Heard County’s Alijah Huzzie.
- Heard County’s Andrew Leak was named player of the game for his performance against Dublin in the quarterfinals.
- Dyquan Bloodsaw of Washington County closed out his prep career with his fifth player of the week honor in a quarterfinals loss to Callaway.
- Westside-Augusta coach Scott Tate resigned.
- Former Toombs County football standout Demery Hawkins was inducted into the Toombs County High School Hall of Fame.
Follow the AJC’s Class AA coverage on Twitter.