Saturday: Scattered thunderstorms with a high of 89 degrees
Sunday: Scattered thunderstorms with a high of 91 degrees
8 funs things to do this summer
1. Take your significant other on a date. You don't even have to break the bank to do it. Go on a mini tour of downtown in the Atlanta Street Car or attend a trivia night at a bar.
2. Heat rises, but it's always cooler on the top. So hit a rooftop bar. Try Estrella near the Poncey-Highland neighborhood or Whiskey Blue near Buckhead.
3. Shop for some fresh fruits and vegetables at the seasonal farmers markets. Many, including the Vickery Village Farmers Market in Cummings and Cotton Mill Farmers Market in Carrollton, are open through October.
4. Hoping to save some money? Head to a really cheap or free event, like the lasershow in Stone Mountain Park or discount days at the High Museum.
5. Make a splash at the water-based adventures around the state. Go tubing on the Chestatee River or scuba dive the Open Water Quarry.
6. If you need a break from the heat, cool down with a sweet treat. My Fair Sweet downtown and Flip Burger Boutique in West Midtown have a bunch of tasty, unique milkshakes.
6. Don't forget the kids. Have some family-friendly fun by catching a flick, visiting the Zoo Atlanta and heading to the Georgia Aquarium.
8. Make your way to a festival. Listen to live music or check out local vendors at the Georgia Mountain Fair, PeachFest or Barbecue & Bluegrass, which all take place in July.
Here’s more summer-related content from the AJC: