1. Kasim Reed backs Hillary Clinton while Vincent Fort flips to Bernie Sanders. Mayor Kasim Reed compared Bernie Sanders' rallies to Donald Trunp's raucous events and said "he's not going to be the nominee." Meanwhile, State Sen. Vincent Fort, the No. 2 Democrat in the Georgia Senate, flipped his endorsement Tuesday from Hillary Clinton to Bernie Sanders. [Read more about Kasim Reed] [Read more about Vincent Fort]
2. FCC: Alleged fake Post Office calls to cost Alpharetta firm millions. An Alpharetta firm and three related companies face fines totalling $29.6 million for allegedly targeting Hispanic customers and adding unauthorized charges to their long-distance telephone bills, according to federal regulators. [Read more]
3. Atlanta Braves summer concert series includes Chris Stapleton, Flo Rida. Newly minted double-Grammy winner Chris Stapleton leads the lineup for this year’s Atlanta Braves Summer Concert Series. [Read more]
4. Cobb mother wants answers after son dies on school trip to Belize. In an interview late Monday with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Forbes said she still hasn’t been told how her only child, Tomari Aliijah Jackson, died Saturday within hours of arriving at the Monkey Bay Wildlife Sanctuary. [Read more]
5. New flights to Cuba allowed in new pact; Delta to file for service. Delta said it will file with the U.S. government to operate non-stop flights to Cuba, including from Atlanta to Havana. [Read more]
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.