Last Friday, President Donald Trump visited Atlanta to launch a new black voter initiative and fundraise for Sen. David Perdue. Politically Georgia producer Bria Felicien shares the story of what happened that day, from the Georgia Democrats’ morning press conference to the launch of “Black Voices for Trump.” This episode also includes her interviews with black Trump supporters and protesters.
Special note: As mentioned in the episode, we also want you to chime in this week. With the Democratic debate coming to town, we want to know… what would you ask the candidates, if given the chance? To answer, record a voice memo on your phone while in a quiet place. Email that voice memo to email@example.com. Your answer may be included on the next episode of the Politically Georgia podcast. As always, thank you for listening.
- Trump appeals to ‘forgotten’ black Democrats in Atlanta
- Demonstrators take to Atlanta streets Friday to protest Trump visit
If you liked this episode of the Politically Georgia podcast, you may also like:
- A look at Atlanta’s Tyler Perry Studios as a debate venue
- Introducing our new Washington correspondent
- A look at Georgia’s upcoming debate
- Georgia man center of LGBTQ rights Supreme Court case
- Nancy Pelosi visits AJC to defend Trump’s impeachment
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.