Here’s what various media outlets are reporting about the man arrested in connection with sending suspicious packages.
- Sayoc has a criminal history in Florida dating back to 1991. Records show he has faced felony theft, drug and fraud charges. The Times is reporting that he has been accused of threatening to use a bomb.
- He has an Aventura, Florida, address. Aventura is about 20 miles from Miami, and about the same distance from Plantation.
- He once worked as a stripper.
- He has some ties to New York.
- He attended Brevard College in North Carolina. He was a member of the soccer team.
- The arrest happened without incident.
- He was arrested at an Auto Zone car parts store.
- A white van was taken from in front of the Auto Zone in Plantation Friday morning.
- Five sealed warrants were issued in New York City on Thursday for Sayoc.
- 12 devices were intercepted, none of them were detonated.
Devices were sent to:
Former Sec. of State Hillary Clinton
Former President Barack Obama
Democrat donor George Soros
U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters – two devices sent to Waters
Former Attorney Gen. Eric Holder
Actor Robert De Niro
Former Vice President Joe Biden – two devices sent to Biden
Former national intelligence director James Clapper
Former CIA Director John Brennan
Sen. Cory Booker
Sen. Kamala Harris
Democratic donor Tom Steyer
In this frame grab from video provided by WPLG-TV, FBI agents cover a van parked in Plantation, Fla., on Friday, Oct. 26, 2018, that federal agents and police officers have been examining in connection with package bombs that were sent to high-profile critics of President Donald Trump. The van has several stickers on the windows, including American flags, decals with logos and text. (WPLG-TV via AP)