If you watch the show “Cops” the way aspiring entrepreneurs watch TED Talks videos, this job fair may be for you.
The Atlanta Police Department will be recruiting police officers on Saturday, July 21 at 9 a.m.
Walk-ins are permitted. The process may take a couple hours, and applicants are asked to come early.
The only document needed to attend and test at the job fair is a valid state driver's license, but the following documents must be brought to the police recruitment office within 10 days of attending the job fair:
• A copy of your high school diploma, certified high school transcripts, or GED certificate
• A copy of your original social security card
• A copy of your birth certificate
• Two passport style photographs
• An original copy of your driver’s record, including the past seven-year history transcript from the Department of Motor Vehicles in every state in which you have ever held a valid driver’s license
Qualifying SAT, ACT, COMPASS, CPE or Accuplacer test scores will be accepted. Business attire is acceptable, but applicants should bring athletic attire, such as tennis shoes and sweatpants, for the agility test.
The event will be held at the Atlanta Police Training Academy, 180 Southside Industrial Parkway. For more information, click here or contact the APD Background and Recruitment Unit at 404-546-7650.
In other recent news...
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.