READ | The ultimate Georgia beer lover's guide to breweries, beer and brewpubs
READ | You can get free Lyft rides to Zoo Atlanta — but there's a catch
The participating metro Atlanta breweries are:
- Sweetwater Brewing Co. in Atlanta
- Jekyll Brewing in Alpharetta
- Gate City Brewing Co. in Roswell
- Arches Brewing in Hapevill
- Three Taverns Craft Brewing in Decatur.
The half-price rides are also available at Service Brewing Co. and Southbound Brewing Co., both in Savannah, and Eagle Creek Brewing Co. in Statesboro.
“Georgians are serious about their craft beer, and we want them to focus on tasting the latest brews, without worrying about getting home safely afterwards,” Sam Bond, general manager of Lyft southeast, said in a statement.
The rideshare service has previously partnered with other brewers’ guilds around the country, including in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Texas, Arizona and San Diego.
Here’s how it works:
• Take a Lyft ride to a participating Georgia brewery
• Show the Lyft receipt to your taproom bartender
• The bartender will give you a coupon code for 50 percent off your ride home
Like Intown Atlanta News Now on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter
In other beer news:
These days Georgia is full of companies changing the game with their beer. 1. New Realm Brewing, a hybrid brewery-restaurant concept with a great view. 2. Scofflaw Brewing, known for its Basement IPA. 3. Creature Comforts, housed in a 40,000-square-foot building in Athens. 4. Monday Night Brewing, whose Han Brolo pale ale topped a blind taste test. 5. SweetWater Brewing, which has spent 21 years creating great beer. 6. Athens' Terrapin Beer Co., which opened a taproom at The Battery at SunTrust Park.