High college entrance exam scores and, according to surveys, pleased parents have helped give one metro Atlanta school the edge in a recent ranking of the best private high schools in Georgia.
Atlanta’s Westminster Schools took the No. 1 spot on Niche.com’s list of the best private high schools in Georgia, with Atlanta International School following at No. 2 and Paideia School taking the third spot.
Niche, a website which ranks K-12 schools and colleges, determined its top 100 list using the National Center for Education Statistics’ data on the percentage of students that advance to four-year colleges, self-reported SAT/ACT scores from Niche users and parent surveys.
According to the self-reported data, Westminster Schools' students had average scores of 2100 on the SAT and 32 on the ACT.
On its website, Westminster touts “passionate, talented faculty, a rich and varied curriculum, and the blessing of excellent facilities” as features that allow its graduates to excel.
Metro Atlanta high schools made up 21 of Georgia's top 30 private high schools in the Niche ranking. Fulton County private high schools made the most appearances on the top 30 list with seven schools making the list, followed by DeKalb County with five schools and Cobb and Gwinnett counties making the list two times each.
Here are the top private high schools in metro Atlanta, according to Niche:
1. Westminster Schools (Atlanta)
2. Atlanta International School (Atlanta)
3. Paideia School (Atlanta)
4. Pace Academy (Atlanta)
5. Holy Innocents Episcopal School (Sandy Springs)
6. The Lovett School (Atlanta)
7. Wesleyan School (Peachtree Corners)
8. Woodward Academy (College Park)
9. Marist School (Atlanta)
10. Atlanta Girls School (Atlanta)
11. The Walker School (Marietta)
12. Mount Pisgah Christian School (Johns Creek)
13. Yeshiva Atlanta High School (Atlanta)
14. The Galloway School (Atlanta)
15. St. Pius X. Catholic High School (Atlanta)
16. Pinecrest Academy (Big Creek)
17. Greater Atlanta Christian School (Lilburn)
18. Brandon Hall School (Sandy Springs)
19. Whitefield Academy (Mableton)
20. The Heritage School (Newnan)
21. Landmark Christian School (Fairburn)
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.