Two men now on trial in deadly 2016 Atlanta rap studio shooting

Two suspects are on trial for a deadly shooting that took place at a southwest Atlanta recording studio in 2016.

Aspiring rapper Jerome Blake, 28, was caught in the crossfire during a gun battle at The Metropolitan studio. Casey Battle, Sheldon Dooley and Kenson Hunte face multiple charges in the incident including murder.

Hunte will be tried separately because of statements Battle made about Hunte’s involvement, a spokesman for the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office said. The trial is expected to be sometime early next year, but an exact date has not yet been scheduled.

The shooting was featured on "The First 48" documentary television series last year. The episode, "Deadly Rap," alleged that Hunte, "a local big shot" also known as Rich Show, was involved with the shooting but not at the studio when it happened. Battle was said to have been inside the recording studio and allegedly let the other gunmen in.

Dooley was one of the men who entered the Metropolitan, according to a lawsuit filed by Durham Law Group on behalf of Blake's father, Patrick Blake.

Another man who allegedly participated in the ambush, 27-year-old Nathan Hannon, was also killed in the shooting.

Jury selection was completed Tuesday and the prosecutors have began their case, the spokesman said.


Like Intown Atlanta News Now on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

In other news...