To ensure the safety of the people participating in the “Alpharetta Mayor’s Corporate Challenge 5K Race” the city is closing several roads Thursday evening.
Thousands of people are expected to attend the event, which will feature a block party with food trucks, music and activities, in addition to the 5K race. The city says that the race typically raises more than $100,000 which is used to support nonprofit organizations that help homeless people.
Here are the roads that will be closing, along with the approximate closing times:
• Academy Street, all lanes between Main Street and Highway 9 — 6:45 to 7:40 p.m.
• Haynes Bridge Road, all lanes between Old Milton Pkwy and Academy Street — 6:20 to 8 p.m.
• Park Plaza, all lanes — 3 to 11 p.m.
• Old Milton Pkwy, one westbound lane between Westside Pkwy and Haynes Bridge Road — 6:50 to 8 p.m.
• Westside Pkwy, one southwest bound lane between Webb Bridge Road and Old Milton Pkwy — 6:45 to 7:50 p.m.
Thursday will mark the 22nd running of the Mayor’s Corporate Challenge. Festivities begin at 5 p.m. and the race starts at 7 p.m.
For more information, visit the event’s website.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.