1. Intense blaze rips through large warehouse. Firefighters have been working to extinguish the blaze in the 2400 block of Lithonia Industrial Boulevard for about an hour, according to a DeKalb County Fire Rescue Department Instagram post. [Read here]
2. Ga. Republican senators split over bill to prevent shutdown. Johnny Isakson voted in favor of a measure to fund the government on autopilot through mid-December and provide $1.1 billion to tackle the Zika crisis. David Perdue voted against the funding patch. [Read here]
3. Freeman keeps streaking, Braves rout Phillies. Freddie Freeman’s streaks inched closer to historic proportions Wednesday, and the Braves pounded the Phillies 12-2 to continue a second-half resurgence. [Read here]
4. Officials: Firefighter halted suspected school shooter. A volunteer firefighter stopped a teenager who shot three people outside a South Carolina elementary school after killing his father at their home, authorities said. The shooter wounded two students and a teacher Wednesday afternoon. [Read here]
5. Amusement park closed Halloween attraction after complaints. A virtual reality component of the Halloween Haunt called FearVR has been removed from the Knott's Berry Farm amusement park in California, following complaints that the ride is insensitive about mental health, according to a report. [Read here]
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.