1. One of the suspects in last year's fatal, rap rivalry-fueled shooting at a Gwinnett hotel killed himself last week in DeKalb, officials said. Read more.
2. A plan presented to the DeKalb County Board of Education should alleviate overcrowding that has forced hundreds of students at six schools in the Cross Keys Cluster along Buford Highway into trailer classrooms. Read more.
3. Smoke will begin rising from the ground in parts of DeKalb County as part of a test for sewer line leaks. Read more.
4. A former DeKalb schools chief's case was argued before the Georgia Supreme Court. Crawford Lewis pleaded guilty to misdemeanor obstruction under a deal with prosecutors. Read more.
5. Preparations for Atlanta United's soccer complex could soon begin. The DeKalb Commission budgeted $3 million in July for land clearing and demolition on the site. Read more.
About the Author
Credit: Stephen B. Morton for The Atlanta Journal Constitution