Ten Gwinnett County schools received Georgia’s Greatest Gains Award, marking progress in college and workforce readiness among students.
The award is given by the Governor’s Office of Student Achievement, which focuses on improving and maintaining quality of education from pre-K to the university level. Schools recognized receive bronze, silver, gold or platinum awards, with platinum being the highest.
Winning schools must earn a three-year average College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI) progress score in the 93rd percentile.
The Gwinnett schools that won are:
Arcado Elementary School, Gold
- Couch Middle School, Bronze
- Five Forks Middle School, Bronze
- Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology, Platinum
- Jenkins Elementary School, Bronze
- North Gwinnett Middle School, Bronze
- Osborne Middle School, Gold
- Simpson Elementary School, Platinum
- Sugar Hill Elementary School, Gold
- Twin Rivers Middle School, Platinum
- Buford High and Middle schools, Platinum
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.