The Mall of Georgia’s “Movies Under the Stars” series is back for its tenth summer.
The event is a summer-long series of free movies, including hits like “Black Panther,” “Coco” and “Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi.”
From May 26 to July 28, there will be a free movie and free musical performance at the mall’s outdoor amphitheater every Saturday. Local musicians will play from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., and the movie will follow.
The event is held at The Village, a central green space at the mall which has a new children’s play area, an outdoor fireplace, synthetic turf and access to shops and restaurants. There will be games, bounce houses and “summer snack concessions” during the movie series, and adults can drink alcoholic beverages in the Village area.
The bands and movies are:
• May 26: Mike Veal Band / “The LEGO NINJAGO Movie” (rated PG)
• June 2: The Pak / “Black Panther” (rated PG-13)
• June 9: Justin / “Paddington 2” (rated PG)
• June 16: Dean Taylor and the Better Days / “Justice League” (rated PG-13)
• June 23: The Woody’s / “Wonder” (rated PG)
• July 4: Mall of Georgia’s 16th annual Star Spangled Fourth event, featuring The Throwback Experience, the Mike Veal Band, “Gwinnett County’s grandest fireworks display” and a screening of “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” (rated PG-13)
• July 14: The Pak / “Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi” (rated PG-13)
• July 21: (Band to be determined) / “Coco” (rated PG)
• July 28: Hamrick and Haynes / “Cars 3” (rated G)
*There is no “Movies Under The Stars” program on Saturday, June 30 or Saturday, July 7 due to the July 4 special event.
Stay up to the minute with breaking news on Channel 2 Action News This Morning
In other news:
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.