A sushi restaurant in Suwanee has failed a health inspection after an inspector found raw chicken and fish stored above ready-to-eat foods.
Sushi Miga on Old Peachtree Road scored a 41/U on its Jan. 12 inspection. Raw fish was found stored above cooked shrimp and ready-to-eat sauces, and raw chicken was found above ready-to-eat products in a chest freezer. Items held for multiple days, including kimchi and octopus, were not properly dated. Those and other violations were corrected during the inspection.
The restaurant, which serves raw lobster, did not have the proper parasite destruction for lobster. Management told the inspector they would only serve cooked lobster until they had the proper parasite destruction, according to the report.
A manager reached Friday did not have any comment on the inspection. Restaurants are generally re-evaluated within 10 days of a failing inspection.