No one was at home when the fire broke out, and no injuries were reported, Miller said.
The home was being rented by four college friends who graduated together from Auburn University.
One of those friends was Francie McMath, who found out about the fire when she returned home from working an overnight shift as a nurse in the cardiac intensive care unit at Emory University Hospital.
“I drove up to about 10 fire trucks and lots of flames,” McMath said. “I’m in total shock right now. It’s awful.”
Miller said the home appeared to be a total loss.
“I’m just glad no one was here, and everybody’s okay,” McMath said. “We all have renter’s insurance, so that’s good.”