Thanksgiving is just a couple days away, which means many people are well into the planning stage.
One aspect that may have been overlooked: How the holiday will affect trash pickup for your household.
Here's the situation for five north Fulton cities:
- Services in Alpharetta will be delayed one day. Thursday pickup has moved to Friday, and Friday pickup has moved to Saturday, according to the city's website.
- In Roswell, garbage and recycling collection will run as usual on Thursday — but Friday's service has been moved to Monday, according to its website. Yard waste collection on Thursday has been moved to Friday, when it will run as usual. The Roswell Recycling Center will be closed both days.
- New bridge to majorly ease access to North Point Mall by Black Friday
- Thanksgiving 2016: Some Avalon restaurants will be open in Alpharetta
- 8 can't-miss north Fulton Christmas events
- Johns Creek, Milton and Sandy Springs do not offer trash pickup. These residents should contact their trash and recycling provider to find out if collection will be delayed due to the holiday.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.