DeKalb County residents can now make use of six low or no cost locations to work out and get involved in fitness activities, the county health board announced Tuesday.
The locations are in churches around the county and are offering services thanks to a partnership with the board and the Centers for Disease Control. Adults and kids can participate in activities such as Zumba, basketball, indoor soccer, weight training and walking groups.
“This initiative is yet another great example of making access to physical activity resources easier for residents in DeKalb,” said DeKalb District Health Director S. Elizabeth Ford. “We challenge other communities of faith to join the movement, as we work together to improve health outcomes in DeKalb County.”
The participating churches are:
- Saint Philip Community Development Corporation, 240 Candler Road SE, Atlanta, 404-371-0749
- D. Moore Community Development, Inc., 4007 Church St., Clarkston, 404-292-5686
- The Beulah Community Family Life Center, 2340 Clifton Springs Road, Decatur, 678-553-6039
- The Bridge at Austin, 1989 Austin Drive, Decatur, 770-713-5315
- Stronghold Christian Church, 724 Rock Chapel Road, Lithonia, 770-322-9010
- Tabernacle of Refuge Ministries, Inc., 6954 Braswell St., Lithonia, 770-484-3498
In other health news:
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.