The first part of the 2018-19 school year has flown by. For DeKalb County schools, the first break of the year begins later this week.
Fall break for DeKalb schools begins Oct. 4 and runs through Oct. 8, giving kids three days off from school. What will your kids do while they’re home? Hopefully they don’t wreck the house.
Luckily, for parents who can’t take off work to watch their kids during fall break, the county is offering a solution. The county’s recreation, parks and cultural affairs department will host a fall break mini camp for students ages 5 to 12.
The camp costs $10 per student per day, which runs from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Oct. 4, 5 and 8. Campers must provide their own breakfast, lunch and snack. Students will participate in a variety of recreational and art activities during the camps.
Here’s where the camps will be held:
• Browns Mill Recreation Center, 5101 Browns Mill Road, Lithonia, GA 30038
• Exchange Recreation Center, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30034
• Gresham Recreation Center, 3113 Gresham Road, Atlanta, GA 30316
• Hamilton Recreation Center, 3263 Chapel Street, Scottdale, GA 30079
• Lucious Sanders Recreation Center, 2484 Bruce Street, Lithonia, GA 30058
• Mason Mill Recreation Center, 1340-B McConnell Drive, Decatur, GA 30033
• Midway Recreation Center, 3181 Midway Road, Decatur, GA 30032
• N.H. Scott Recreation Center, 2230 Tilson Road, Decatur, GA 30032
• Tobie Grant Recreation Center, 644 Parkdale Drive, Scottdale, GA 30079
Parents can register their campers online at dekalbcountyga.gov/parks or they can register in-person at any of the locations.
For more information, contact LaShanda Davis at 404-371-3643 or at email@example.com.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.