Editor’s note: An earlier version of this article incorrectly listed Coan Recreation Center as a polling site. The correct polling place, Bessie Branham Recreation Center is now included.
DeKalb County has opened several early voter polling locations for residents hoping to avoid long lines on Election Day, Nov. 6.
Voters can cast ballots between Oct. 15 and Nov. 2 at the following locations:
- The Voter Registration and Election Office, 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300 in Decatur (this location includes an exclusive area for seniors and disabled persons)
- The Gallery at South DeKalb Mall, 2801 Candler Road in Decatur
- Dunwoody Library, 5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Road in Dunwoody
The election office and library polling locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. The South DeKalb mall location will be open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m Monday through Friday. All locations will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for Saturday voting on Oct. 20 and Oct. 27, and from noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 28.
Two more locations open Saturday, Oct. 27 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Reid H. Cofer Library on 5234 Lavista Road in Tucker and the Stonecrest Library at 3123 Klondike Road in Lithonia. Both locations will also open from noon to 4 p.m. Oct. 28. Between Oct. 29 and Nov. 2, the locations will open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Five more locations will open between Oct. 29 and Nov. 2 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
- Bessie Branham Recreation Center, 2051 Delano Drive, NE in Atlanta
- Briarwood Recreation Center, 2235 Briarwood Way, NE in Brookhaven
- North DeKalb Senior Center, 3393 Malone Drive in Chamblee
- First Christian Church of Decatur, 601 W. Ponce de Leon in Decatur
- Berean Christian Church Community Center, 2440 Young Road in Stone Mountain
After November 2, voters must go to their assigned precinct for the Nov. 6 election.
In other news: