A downtown Atlanta park will offer entertainment for the public on Wednesday evenings this summer.
“Live from Woodruff Park” will alternate between live music and free movie screenings that feature a performance component.
Movie screenings begin at sundown, and beverages will be available for purchase through a partnership with neighboring restaurant 55th and Park. Each weekly event runs from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
READ | Atlanta emojis have arrived
Here’s the schedule:
• June 13: “Dirty Dancing,” featuring a pre-show dance-a-long with Salsa Arte and a salute to music of the ‘80s and ‘90s with DJ Jaycee and DJ Jelly.
• June 20: Jazz & Soul in the Park, featuring saxophonist Ryan Kilgore and R&B sensation Trev Wright
• June 27: Millennial’s Mood and Groove in Park, featuring Jordan Danielle, LS Lane and Slim Dynamite, Brittany Bloom, Jabias da kidd, BHM and Shaniah in concert. Co-sponsored by the Fulton County Board of Health in support of National HIV Testing Day.
• July 11: “Sister Act,” featuring a pre-show performance by Angel White + praise singers
• July 18: Butta B-Rocka and Friends in concert
• July 25: “Drumline,” featuring a pre-show performance by the South Atlanta High School marching band
Woodruff Park is bordered by Edgewood and Auburn avenues, Peachtree Street and Park Place.
In other news...
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.