DeKalb County is holding a toilet paper drive for the metro Atlanta homeless community.
County officials have a goal of collecting 3,000 rolls of toilet paper during the drive, which is sponsored by DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond and in partnership with local nonprofit, Love Rolls.
Thurmond said people immediately think about food and shelter when they want to serve the homeless, but toilet paper “is one of our most basic needs.”
“Love Rolls helps to address this need so that recipients are able to maintain both health safety and their dignity,” Thurmond said in a statement.
Toilet paper donations can be brought to the following locations from Feb. 12 to Feb. 23:
• Maloof Building, 1300 Commerce Drive, Decatur
• DeKalb County Fire Rescue Headquarters, 1950 West Exchange Place, Tucker
• DeKalb County Police Headquarters, 1960 West Exchange Place, Tucker
• Watershed Department, 4572 Memorial Drive, Decatur
• DeKalb County Police, South Precinct, 2842 H. F. Shepherd Dr., Decatur
• DeKalb County Solicitor-General, 556 N. McDonough St., Decatur
• District Attorney’s Office, 556 N McDonough St., Decatur
In other DeKalb County news: