Comments are requested from the public by Cobb County Department of Transportation officials on their five-year plan, titled CobbLinc Forward, for the county’s bus network.
CobbLinc Forward will provide Sunday service, better service to more customers, major improvements to system reliability and to on-time performance and better match service levels with transit markets, according to a county statement, with new services proposed by Route 10X and the TNC Partnership Zone and proposed changes to 15 service lines.
Route 10X will provide:
- 15-minute peak service.
- fast, direct service between KSU-Kennesaw and KSU-Marietta campuses.
- new, frequent service on Cobb Parkway and to downtown Atlanta.
- use of managed lanes.
TNC Partnership Zone will provide:
- riders with a discounted rate on taxi, Lyft or Uber rides within the service zone.
- on-demand service in Austell and Powder Springs areas in south Cobb.
- connections to transit network.
- faster response times and more direct trips than current Flex service.
Information: 770-528-1539, fax: 770-528-4360, email eric.meyer@CobbCounty.org or write CobbLinc at 463 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 112, Marietta, GA 30060.
CobbLinc Survey: SurveyMonkey.com/r/CobbLincForward
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.