Acworth and Kennesaw Libraries, constructed in the mid-1960s, are closing permanently on July 13.
Farewell celebrations are planned at both libraries with remarks about and displays of their history:
- 2-4 p.m. July 9 / Kennesaw Library, 2250 Lewis St., Kennesaw / 770-528-2529
- 1-3 p.m. July 11 / Acworth Library, 4569 Dallas St., Acworth / 770-917-5165
Instead a new consolidated facility will open on Sept. 3 - the North Cobb Regional Library.
The new 25,000-square-foot library is being built at the intersection of Old 41 Highway and Blue Springs Road across from North Cobb High School.
New features will include creative space, a community room, study rooms, dedicated areas for children and teens, an outdoor plaza for children, state-of-the-art technology and a drive-up book return.
Meanwhile between July and September, nearby libraries to the Kennesaw and Acworth Libraries are:
- West Cobb Regional Library, 1750 Dennis Kemp Lane, Kennesaw / 770-528-4699
- Kemp Memorial Library, 4029 Due West Road, Marietta / 770-528-2527
- Gritters Library, 880 Shaw Park Road, Marietta / 770-528-2524
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.