A revamp of DeKalb County’s economic development board was completed Tuesday when the county commission unanimously approved the appointment of Andrew Greenberg, the executive director for the Georgia Game Developers Association.
Greenberg was the seventh and final new member to join the DeKalb Development Authority since Interim DeKalb CEO Lee May called for the board to be restructured in February. The terms of all of the board’s previous members had expired.
“This helps to round out our development authority with many members who have specific knowledge of areas of econ development,” said Commissioner Jeff Rader during Tuesday’s meeting. “It helps us to capitalize on many opportunities for job creation growth.”
The other recently appointed board members are:
- Don Bolia, a member of the Brookhaven Zoning Board of Appeals and a partner with a lobbying firm
- Kevin Gooch, an attorney who handles loan documentation
- Miranda McKenzie, an executive with Atlanta Technical College who previously worked as a director for community affairs for Anheuser-Busch Inc.
- Tyrone Rachal, the president of a finance firm who serves as a board member for several civic associations
- Keisha Taylor, senior director of entertainment marketing for Turner Broadcasting
- Baoky Vu, an investment strategy executive who serves on the board for the Technical College System of Georgia
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.
With the largest team in the state, the AJC reports what’s really going on with your tax dollars and your elected officials. Subscribe today. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.
Your subscription to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.