Atlanta police are investigating an alleged sexual assault reported over the Labor Day weekend at the pop culture convention Dragon Con.
A woman said in a Facebook post shared more than 7,700 times that she was in the thick of a Dragon Con parade crowd Saturday when she felt someone pressed up against her from behind and later realized it was a man’s exposed genitalia.
She told police the incident happened between 10:45 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. at the intersection of Andrew Young International Boulevard and Peachtree Center Avenue.
She said when she noticed the man, she started “screaming and hitting him” until he ran away. A girl standing next to her got pictures of the man, which the woman included in her Facebook post.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.
While no one has been arrested in connection with the alleged incident, Atlanta police Officer Kim Jones said “we are aware and looking into this.”
This is the second year in a row that police have investigated allegations of a sexual assault at Dragon Con. Last year, a woman told police a man kissed and fondled her. That man was later arrested.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.