Pug saves family from fire, earns hometown hero award

Jaxson’s family said the pug barked in a different way than normal on Aug. 29, according to KBOI. When owner Todd Lavoie went to investigate, he saw sparks coming from an electrical outlet. A small fire started, which Lavoie was able to put out with a fire extinguisher.

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news  

The Meridian Fire Department arrived to inspect the house and credited the alert pooch with sparing the family any significant property damage.

On Tuesday, Jaxson became the first animal to receive the town’s Hometown Hero Award. He also received a special firefighter badge.

Jaxson the pug became the first pet in Meridian history to receive the Hometown Hero award tonight! Jaxson helped alert...

Posted by City of Meridian, Idaho - Government on Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.

X