Expect strict security measures for the NFC Championship game at the Georgia Dome Sunday.
The Atlanta Falcons announced high security measures before the NFC playoff game last Saturday.
The NFC Championship game is set for 3:05 p.m. and will be televised nationally on Fox.
When the Atlanta Falcons host the Green Bay Packers Sunday, fans heading to the big game are encouraged not to bring any type of bag. And fans who do bring bags will be limited in the type and size of bag that may be brought into stadiums.
What is allowed at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap that can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options.
- (Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after a proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose)
What is not allowed:
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags
- Seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags
Fans will continue to be able to carry binoculars, cameras and smart phones into the stadium. The Atlanta Falcons said these security measures should expedite fan entry into stadiums.
In recent years the NFL has enhanced its safety plans by adding additional measures
including pat downs, bag checks and metal detectors.
These public safety measures have been implemented at other large venues. The University of Michigan, Penn State University and Michigan State University do not permit any bags, while the TD Garden in Boston only permits clutch bags.
To read more on bag policy, go to http://tickets.atlantafalcons.com/gameday/fan-assistance/clear-bag-policy/
When the Atlanta Falcons host the Green Bay Packers Sunday in the NFC Championship game at the Georgia Dome, here’s what you should know -- and what’s being said -- about the matchup in Atlanta:
> Game info: When, where, kickoff time, tickets, etc.
> Bring the noise: Quinn wants it 'very loud' for Falcons' final game at Dome
> Ready to rock: No doubt Julio Jones will play vs. Packers
> Show me the money: Record-high total points betting line expected for game
> AJC Mike Check: Falcons will score plenty, but can they slow Aaron Rodgers?
> Hummer's Further Review: Maybe Packers should fear opposing QB as well
> Mark Bradley: Rodgers heading to town, but Falcons will still win
> Jeff Schultz: Want to know why the Falcons are favored?
> Falcons rewind: Photos from regular-season game
> More: Complete coverage of Falcons-Packers on ajc.com
About the Author