- Traditional family fun. Bring the whole family to this kid-friendly Independence Day event, which will feature wholesome games and activities like sack races, water balloon toss, hula hoop contest, horseshoes, tug-of-war and plenty of prizes.
- Delicious watermelon. Not only will game winners receive a whole watermelon grown in Southern Georgia, but, thanks to the City of Brunswick, visitors young and old will also enjoy free watermelon slices throughout the night.
- Music in the air. To start this important evening off right, local singer Annie Akins will perform a powerful rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner," along with Artists and Mentors of the Golden Isles Penguin Project. If you've never listened to it in person, hearing "The Star Spangled Banner" live will knock your socks off.
- Plenty of food. Thanks to the Heather House and the City of Brunswick Police Department C.O.P. program, an array of traditional Fourth of July food will be available for purchase at the event, including hamburgers, hot dogs, sodas and sweets. No need to bring a picnic with you to this one.
- Stunning fireworks show. For a full 30 minutes, you and your family will enjoy one of the best fireworks shows in the South. Set to a backdrop of patriotic music, a spectacular fireworks display will explode around 9 p.m.over the waters of the East River and Oglethorpe Bay.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.