CNN anchor Don Lemon attends the 2018 Ailey Spirit Gala Benefit at the David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center on June 14, 2018 in New York City.
Photo: Daniel Zuchnik/Getty Images
Photo: Daniel Zuchnik/Getty Images

Don Lemon doubles down on white men are ‘the biggest terror threat’ comment

Originally posted Thursday, November 1, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.com on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog

CNN anchor Don Lemon is not apologizing for saying on air earlier this week that white men are “the biggest terror threat in this country... most of them radicalized to the right and we have to start doing something about them.” 

Those comments came after the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting and the murder of two black men at a supermarket in Kentucky, both of which were committed by white men.

“There is no travel ban on them,” Lemon said. “There is no ‘white guy ban.’ So what do we do about that?”

Many white men - including Donald Trump Jr. - accused Lemon of being racist. 

On Wednesday, Lemon said the evidence backs up his point, noting the Government Accountability Office showing that, since the 9/11 attacks, far-right extremists have killed 106 people in 62 attacks across the country, while radical Islamist extremists have killed 119 people in 23 attacks.

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.

About the Author

Rodney Ho
Rodney Ho
Rodney Ho covers radio and television for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
X