With polls showing a tight race in Georgia and some high-profile Republicans wavering in their support, Donald Trump's campaign unveiled a list of the Republican's leadership team intended to show a united front.
At the top of the list of long-time loyalists and veteran party activists is U.S. Sen. David Perdue and fundraiser Rayna Casey, both early Trump supporters who have helped organize his campaign in Georgia.
Other local co-chairs include Georgia Public Service Commissioner Bubba McDonald, the first statewide elected official to endorse the candidate, and state Sens. Michael Williams and Burt Jones, both likely candidates for higher office who also got on the Trump train early.
But a closer look also shows a handful of Republicans who endorsed his primary rivals or stayed neutral in the race. That includes Brad Carver, a lobbyist who chaired the 11th District GOP, and Joseph Brannan, a committeeman for the National Federation of Young Republicans.
"This team is dedicated to ensuring all voters in Georgia hear Mr. Trump’s message of economic prosperity, job growth, fair trade, and secure borders," said Brandon Phillips, Trump's Georgia director. "I have no doubt that this talented team will be an integral part of delivering a Trump-Pence victory in Georgia in November."
Here's the full list:
- Chairman: Senator David Perdue (R-GA)
- Chairman: Rayna Casey, Business and Civic Leader
- Co-Chair: State Senator Burt Jones (R-District 25)
- Co-Chair: State Senator Michael Williams (R-District 27)
- Co-Chair: State Rep. Steve Tarvin (R–District 2)
- Co-Chair: Lauren “Bubba” McDonald, Jr., Georgia Public Service Commissioner
- Co-Chair: Sue Everhart, former Chairwoman of Georgia GOP
- Co-Chair: Sheriff Butch Conway, Gwinnett County
- Finance Chair: Pete Petit, CEO of MiMedx Group
- Grassroots Steering Committee: Don Cole, Former 2nd District GOP Chairman
- Grassroots Steering Committee: Suzi Voyles, Past-President of Georgia Federation of Republican Women
- Grassroots Steering Committee: Brad Carver, Lt. Col. Army Reserves, 11th District GOP Chairman
- Grassroots Steering Committee: Joseph Brannan, National Committeeman, National Federation of Young Republicans
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.