Prepare for Georgia’s upcoming runoff elections with the Politically Georgia podcast.
Since the May 22 primary, host Greg Bluestein and guests have broken down the races and issues to watch ahead of the runoff.
You can subscribe and listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. You can also download or stream each episode below.
Host Greg Bluestein and The AJC's James Salzer analyzed the results of a poll of likely Republican primary runoff voters.
- Interactive: Poll of Georgia Republican voters
- AJC/WSB poll: Cagle, Kemp are neck and neck in GOP race for governor
- AJC/WSB poll: Shafer holds slight lead over Duncan for lieutenant governor
Greg Bluestein, Condace Pressley, Bill Crane, Jim Galloway and Leroy Chapman sat down to provide post-debate analysis following a televised GOP gubernatorial runoff debate between Secretary of State Brian Kemp and Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle.
- Georgia gov candidates spar over Russian hacking probe
- GOP gubernatorial rivals trade jabs at debate before runoff
Races to watch
The AJC's Tamar Hallerman returned to the show to discuss voter demographic data from the May 22 primary elections and races to watch outside of the governor's race.
The watchdog stories you should know in the GOP runoff for governor
The AJC's Tamar Hallerman joined the show to discuss stories you should know leading up to the July 24 runoff.
- Campaign cash shows Cagle is favorite with Georgia Capitol lobbyists
- Kemp campaign gets big bucks from the people he regulates
National immigration policies impacting Georgia’s governor’s race (at 18:50)
Host Greg Bluestein also outlines what Georgia politicians had to say following the news of family separations at the border and President Donald Trump's executive order reversal.
- Georgia lawmakers engulfed in firestorm over family separations
- Cagle, Kemp pick a fight with Atlanta mayor over detainee order
The biggest surprises of the May 22 primary
The AJC’s James Salzer, who has covered state government and politics since 1990, was out of the country for two weeks during May, so he missed Election Day. When he returned stateside, he joined host Greg Bluestein to share what he found to be the biggest “election surprises” and how they affect the Georgia Legislature.
Politically Georgia releases new episodes every Monday, so be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher to keep up with all things Georgia Politics.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.