When it comes to burgers, it's no secret that Atlanta is lousy with amazing options. Whether you prefer yours juicy topped with cheese or as a simple patty on a plain bun, there's something to please everyone.
There are so many good options, in fact, that ranking them seems like a fool's errand. Yet that's exactly what Thrillist's national burger critic Kevin Alexander set out to do with his ranking of the 10 best burgers in Atlanta , part of his Burger Quest, a "yearlong mission to find America's best cheeseburger."
When we asked AccessAtlanta readers to rank their favorite burger in the A earlier this year, Bocado came out on top . But the sandwich only ranked fourth on Alexander's list, proving just how subjective a task ranking a favorite dish really is.
AJC food critic Wyatt Williams recently chose some of his favorites around town , including several that popped up on Alexander's list.
Here's what Alexander landed on after a beefy tour around the city -- let us know in the comments if you agree with his rankings:
10. Vortex Bar and Grill: Greasy Spoon Burger
9. Muss and Turner's: The Burger
8. Little's Food Store: Double Cheeseburger
7. Grindhouse Style Burger: Grindhouse Style Burger
6. Holeman and Finch: Cheeseburger
5. FLIP Burger Boutique: The Stack
4. Bocado: Bocado Burger Stack
3. Ann's Snack Bar: The Ghetto Burger
2. One Eared Stag: The Meatstick
1. Fred's Meat and Bread: Burger Stack