The outlet reported the freeze will be in place until investigations are complete. The artist’s contract reportedly requires two more albums.
Last week, Illinois officials rejected a grant for a Spring Break Jam concert hosted by R. Kelly in the wake of new sexual assault allegations against him.
» RELATED: R. Kelly responds to docuseries through lawyer, denies allegations of sexual abuse
The application was denied Thursday due to security concerns following protests outside Kelly's Chicago studio last week, the Chicago Tribune reported.
Illinois Department of Agriculture spokeswoman Denise Albert told the publication the cancellation was not in response to Lifetime's "Surviving R. Kelly," a three-night, six-part docuseries that delved into the artist's history of alleged physical and emotional abuse of women.
Instead, she said it was in response to Wednesday's protest, which was organized by #MuteRKelly, an Atlanta-based organization that seeks to stop his songs from being played and cancel his concerts.
MORE R. KELLY COVERAGE
» RELATED: Illinois rejects permit for concert hosted by R. Kelly
» 7 things to know about R. Kelly
» R. Kelly reportedly threatens to sue Lifetime over documentary ahead of premiere
» Conclusion of Lifetime R. Kelly docuseries makes singer a trending topic on Twitter again
» R. Kelly responds to docuseries through lawyer, denies allegations of sexual abuse