As election officials across the nation celebrated National Voter Registration Day on Tuesday, Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp encouraged Georgians to check their status and register if needed.
The day was established as a non-partisan way to encourage voter participation and increase awareness about state requirements and deadlines for voting. The month of September is also National Voter Registration Month.
How to register to vote in Georgia
- You can register, confirm or change your registration status online through the Secretary of State Office’s online “my voter page” website: www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP/mvp.do.
- Text “GA” or “Georgia” to “2VOTE” (28683). This service is sponsored by the state.
- Do the same at registertovote.sos.ga.gov.
- Download the free “GA SOS” app on your smartphone via iTunes or Google Play for Android.
- For paper applications, visit your local elections office or download a voter registration application (http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/Elections/register_to_vote) and mail in the completed form.
- If you are a college student, you can obtain Georgia voter registration forms or the necessary forms to register in any U.S. state from your school registrar’s office.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.