Each of Georgia’s 159 counties starting Monday will have at least one early voting location open — often, it’s the main elections office. Some, such as Fulton County, will have several sites available. Be aware, however, that your regular neighborhood polling place will likely not be open; often, local municipalities only open select sites during the state’s 21-day early voting period.
DeKalb County voters go to the polls at Henderson Mill Elementary School on Georgia’s state primary Election Day, May 24. HYOSUB SHIN / HSHIN@AJC.COM
- When and where to vote early in Cobb County
- When and where to vote early in DeKalb County
- When and where to vote early in Gwinnett County
- When and where to vote early in North Fulton
- When and where to vote early in Clayton County
- Early voting locations for another county
Use the Secretary of State Office's online "my voter page" website (www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP/mvp.do) to find a sample ballot or specific early voting location.
You can also call your local elections office to find early voting locations or look for the "advance voting info" link under the elections tab of the Secretary of State Office's website (www.sos.ga.gov).
Don’t forget to bring photo identification, which can include a Georgia driver’s license, even if it’s expired; a state-issued voter identification card; a valid U.S. passport; or a valid U.S. military photo ID.
No “ballot selfies” are allowed at the polls, so wait to snap a photo until you’re outside. It is illegal in Georgia to take pictures of a ballot or voting equipment, but the Secretary of State Office has said it has seen voters in previous elections post “ballot selfies” on social media — something that could get you in trouble with the law.
Information about local elections and your “My Voter Page” can also be found on the free “GA SOS” app for your smartphone via iTunes or Google Play for Android.
- Early voting off to a roaring start in Gwinnett
- 1,000 Cobb ballots cast in first 3 hours of early voting in Cobb
- DeKalb voters quickly cast ballots on first day of early voting
- High turnout in North Fulton on first day of early voting
- What's on the ballot in Georgia on Nov. 8?
- Atlanta MARTA and Transportation Tax Referendums on the ballot
- Amendment 1: Statewide, Voters will decide on Gov. Nathan Deal's Opportunity School District
- Absentee ballots and early voting in Georgia's 2016 election
- How to vote in Georgia for the Nov. 8, 2016 election
- Where to vote in Georgia on election day
- AJC Voter Guide