On Friday, Vice President Mike Pence headlined an event in Buckhead, where he warned conservatives of the spread of socialism, at the same time the Democratic Socialists of America’s national convention was taking place in downtown Atlanta.
In this episode of the Politically Georgia podcast, host Greg Bluestein chats with AJC statehouse reporter Maya T. Prabhu, about what took place at each event and share clips from Pence’s speech and interviews with local DSA members. Bluestein and Prabhu also discuss what these events mean as we get closer to 2020.
- In Atlanta, Pence warns conservatives of spread of ‘socialism’
- Georgia democratic socialists pledge to step it up in 2020
If you liked this episode of Politically Georgia, you may also like:
- New efforts to block anti-abortion law, and more
- The field looking to challenge Sen. David Perdue is growing, and more
What the second-quarter fundraising deadline means for some Georgia candidates
- Lawsuit filed challenging Georgia ‘heartbeat’ law
- AJC editor testifies before Congress
- 2020 presidential candidates visit Georgia; disaster relief bill
- Keeping up with Georgia’s 2020 U.S. Senate, 7th Congressional races
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.