Mother’s Day (May 10) is almost here, and this year consumers are planning to spend an average of $85 on Mother’s Day gifts, according to data from consumer savings website RetailMeNot. If you are among the 63 percent of shoppers who plan to buy a Mother’s Day gift at a brick-and-mortar store (according to data from CouponSherpa), here are a few last-minute options to consider.
1. New moms will love the new mother gift basket from Rumson Gifts & Home. The basket contains a blue or pink bunny, along with Burt’s Bees products and baby books for $65. Rumson Gifts & Home, 458 E. Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta. 770-656-0075, rumsongifts.com. Open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Mondays-Fridays and by appointment.
2. Mimi Ferro’s “Shady Stack” of bracelets is created from stones including Moonstone, Labradorite, Pyrite, White Coral, Howlite and Quartz Druzy beads. Prices range from $35-$85 each. They are available for purchase at Intown Ace Hardware’s Garden Center and Gift Shop, 854 N. Highland Ave. N.E., Atlanta.
3. Visit Aqua Blue in Roswell (1564 Holcomb Bridge Road) for a Mother’s Day brunch fit for a queen. From 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., get $15 bottomless mimosas and a brunch buffet including eggs Benedict, blackened fish with lobster sauce, and dessert favorites for $34.95 for adults and $9.95 for children ages 4-12. Children under 4 eat free. For reservations, call 770-643-8886. aquablueatl.com.
4. Mom can brush up on the latest trends and techniques with a Beauty Studio E-Gift card from Sephora. Available in amounts of $50 or $125, they are redeemable for either a 45-minute ($50) or 90-minute Custom Makeover ($125) at any Sephora store, with the card value fully redeemable in product. E-Gift cards can be purchased online at Sephora.com and sent to her inbox with a customized message.
5. Get the Mother’s Day dozen from Georgetown Cupcakes featuring 12 different flavors including “Spring Bloom” Salted Caramel, Lemon Blossom, “Heart” Coconut, “Butterfly” Lava Fudge, Lavender Earl Grey, “Happy Mother’s Day” Red Velvet, “Bumblebee” Vanilla Caramel Hazelnut, Strawberry, “MOM” Vanilla Sunshine, “Watering Pot” Peanut Butter Fudge, “MOM” Chocolate Sunshine, and White Chocolate Raspberry. Available through May 31. Cupcakes are $3 each/$16.50 half dozen/$32 dozen ($52 with nationwide, overnight shipping). Georgetown Cupcakes, 267 E. Paces Ferry Road N.E., Atlanta. 404-257-6502, www.georgetowncupcake.com.
6. The Miracle Links jewelry collection is designed with interlinking circles that reflect the connection between a mother and child that joins them forever. Add additional links each time a family grows. Prices range from $179-$1,149 and include a variety of styles crafted in 10- or 14-karat white, yellow, rose gold and sterling silver with the option of pave diamond circles. The collection is available at Kay Jewelers. See www.kay.com for locations.
7. The Mother’s Day gift set from Tory Burch costs $125 and features eau de parfum spray, bath and shower gel and bath soap with notes of grapefruit, neroli and vetiver. Get it at Tory Burch, Phipps Plaza, 3500 Peachtree Road N.E., Atlanta. 404-816-3261, www.toryburch.com.
8. Give mom a designer bag from Atlanta-based Bella Bag. Now through Mother’s Day, Bella Bag will offer 50 percent off Louis Vuitton monogram wallets with a Louis Vuitton monogram canvas handbag purchase when the code MOMLOVE is applied at checkout or mentioned in-store. Bella Bag, 3379 Peachtree Road, Suite 510, Atlanta. 1-877-623-5522, bellabag.com.
9. Take mom on the 31st annual Gardens for Connoisseurs Tour benefiting the Atlanta Botanical Garden on Saturday and Sunday, May 9-10. You can tour 12 private gardens in metro Atlanta during this self-guided tour, which takes place from 10 a.m.-5 p.m each day. Tickets are valid for both days and cost $25 in advance (garden members $20) and $30 on days of the tour. Children under 12 are free. Purchase online at atlantabg.org until May 7 and through May 8 at garden admissions. Tickets purchased May 1-7 are held at will-call.
10. Margaret Vera’s (margaretvera.com) hand-crafted leather bags and totes will help mom stay organized while staying in style. Prices range from $89-$225 depending on size and material. You can find them at Crafted Westside, 1000 Marietta St. N.W., No. 102, Atlanta, 404-249-2400, and Homegrown Decatur, 412 Church St., Decatur, 404-373-1147.
11. The Initial Charm Necklace with diamonds in gold is part of the David Yurman Cable Collectibles Collection featuring Yurman’s iconic cable motif. Prices range from $625-$650 in 18k yellow gold. David Yurman, Lenox Square Mall, 3393 Peachtree Road N.E., Atlanta. 404-812-9225.
12. Give mom a bouquet that is anything but ordinary. Let Pollen create a custom arrangement for the favorite lady in your life. They will have extended hours Friday, May 8, from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday, May 9, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. They are very accommodating with order deadlines, but sooner is always better. Pollen, 432 E. Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta. 404-262-2296, www.pollenatlanta.com.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.