- Father allegedly confesses to killing family in chilling Facebook post
- George Zimmerman injured in shooting incident
- Large snake washes ashore on Florida beach
- Nothing is sweeter than this precious newborn’s first day home — until you see the dog when she cries
- Woman fired for celebrating murders of 2 Mississippi officers
Wine drinkers rejoice. A new study has found that a glass of wine before bed can help you lose weight.
According to The Daily Mail, Harvard University studied 20,000 women over 14 years. They drank a half a bottle of wine a day. Researchers found the women who drank had a 70 percent reduced risk of obesity compared to non-drinkers.
The National Institute for Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism also agreed, saying "when alcohol is substituted for carbohydrates, calorie for calorie, subjects tend to lose weight, indicating that they derive less energy from alcohol than food," The Daily Mail reported.
Another study said a glass of red wine every night increased the good cholesterol HDL.
The European Conference on Obesity in Prague said that the glass of wine could help improve type 2 diabetes because it boosted glucose metabolism, The Daily Mail reported.
But remember, moderation is the key. The Daily Mail reported that binge drinkers had larger waistlines. There are also other health risks by drinking too much like a higher risk of breast cancer.