Starting today, downtown Atlanta office workers and residents have a different option for how to spend their Thursday lunch break.
Peachtree Center Green Market, downtown's only green market, will be held from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. every Thursday through October in the courtyard at Peachtree Center at 225 Peachtree St. NE.
The market features more than a dozen vendors selling local goods from produce to breads to juice. Cosmos Organic Farm, Pearson Farms and Sweet Auburn Bread are returning for 2016, while new vendors include Banjo Cold Brew Coffee and The Allergy-Friendly Vegetarian. The market will also present live music from local musicians each week.
A complete list of this year's vendors:
- Banjo Cold Brew Coffee: Specialty-grade, cold brew coffee made with locally roasted fair-trade beans.
- Bee Wild Honey: Local raw honey and honey-based products.
- Bernhard's German Bakery: Local fresh-baked breads, bagels, pastries, and other treats.
- Boston Brittle Company: Gourmet, corn syrup free brittles.
- Cosmos Organic Farm: A diverse array of seasonal vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, and flowers, all locally and organically grown.
- Golda Kombucha : Home-brewed kombucha tea.
- Lumeria Body Care: Artisanal soaps, deodorants, body scrubs, bath soaks, bath teas, beard and hair oil, skin balms, and butter moisturizers made with all natural ingredients.
- Merrily Gardens : Gourmet jams, pickled vegetables, chutneys, sauces, honeys, salsas, and gift bags, boxes and baskets.
- Pearson Farms: Peaches, pecans, pecan oils, strawberries (mid-April), Georgia shrimp (mid-April), and Georgia apples (late August).
- Stoneridge Foods: Gourmet cookies, sandwich crèmes, stuffed cookies, seasonally made cakes, seasoned cracker mixes and dipping blends, sea salt blends, pepperoni rolls, vanilla infusion kits, and hot chocolate kits (fall).
- Suja Juice: Organic, non-GMO, cold-pressed juice.
- Sweet Auburn Bread: Local, small-batch seasonal ingredient muffins, cookies, brownies, loaf breads, pies, cobblers, cheesecakes, biscuits, yeast breads and cinnamon rolls, jams, preserves, butters, jellies and syrups.
- Sweet Sassy Molassey Bakeshop: Traditional baked goods made with healthier ingredients.
- The Allergy-Friendly Vegetarian: Baked goods free from the 8 most common food allergens and corn, sesame, and gluten.
Peachtree Center Green Market is far from the only local farmers market that has reopened for business -- Peachtree Road , Grant Park and East Atlanta have all started for the season. Read about some of our favorite local farmers markets here.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.