“Our winner, The Paris Market, stands as our community's favorite (and our staff’s too) for its ability to blend Southern hospitality with European aesthetics. Whether it’s scooping lavender buds into cloth sacks near the cash register, finding an instant dose of aromatherapy through their candle collection, or admiring the mix of french antiques in the basement level, this shop and all of our winners provide not only an escape, but inspiration– and just that certain something we didn’t know we needed.”
» RELATED: 10 acts to check out at the 2017 Savannah Music Festival
Another Savannah shop — ShopSCAD — came in fourth on Southern Living's "South's best shops" list of 10.
ShopSCAD is a unique retail gallery that often features work created by the Savannah College of Art and Design community, according to the shop's website.
Here are the 10 best shops in the South, according to Southern Living:
- The Paris Market and Brocante (Savannah, Georgia)
- Draper James (Nashville, Tennessee)
- ScreenDoor (Asheville, North Carolina)
- ShopSCAD (Savannah, Georgia)
- White's Mercantile (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Charleston GardenWorks (Charleston, South Carolina)
- Rifle Paper Co. (Winter Park, Florida)
- The Commons (Charleston, South Carolina)
- Uncommon Objects (Austin, Texas)
- The Art of Simple (Seaside, Florida)
Browse Southern Living’s other award-winners for best bars, BBQ joints, breweries, cities, hotels, inns, islands, resorts, restaurants, shops, small towns and tailgates.
RELATED VIDEO: 10 often-overlooked beaches near Atlanta
Here are 10 beach options that don't often make the short-list for Atlanta's residents, but they are definitely worth a visit. Produced by Marin Guta/AJC.